What do Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders do?
Operate or tend machines to wash or clean products, such as barrels or kegs, glass items, tin plate, food, pulp, coal, plastic, or rubber, to remove impurities.
- Operate or tend machines to wash and remove impurities from items such as barrels or kegs, glass products, tin plate surfaces, dried fruit, pulp, animal stock, coal, manufactured articles, plastic, or rubber.
- Add specified amounts of chemicals to equipment at required times to maintain solution levels and concentrations.
- Drain, clean, and refill machines or tanks at designated intervals, using cleaning solutions or water.
- Measure, weigh, or mix cleaning solutions, using measuring tanks, calibrated rods or suction tubes.
- Draw samples for laboratory analysis, or test solutions for conformance to specifications, such as acidity or specific gravity.
- Observe machine operations, gauges, or thermometers, and adjust controls to maintain specified conditions.
- Set controls to regulate temperature and length of cycles, and start conveyors, pumps, agitators, and machines.
- Examine and inspect machines to detect malfunctions.
- Record gauge readings, materials used, processing times, and/or test results in production logs.
- Adjust, clean, and lubricate mechanical parts of machines, using hand tools and grease guns.
- Load machines with objects to be processed, then unload objects after cleaning and place them on conveyors or racks.
Related Jobs (Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders)